This recipe is one of my favorites. I eat them on rotation with my regular chicken tender recipe. They get really crispy in the air fryer, and taste similar to eating out without the unhealthy ingredients!
- Fresh Chicken Tenderloins
- I usually buy the Kirkwood brand from Aldi, they are super cheap!
- Almond Milk
- I love Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk!
- Hot Sauce/Buffalo Sauce
- I use Noble Made by the New Primal Mild Buffalo sauce, or Frank’s hot sauce.
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- You will need two rectangular dishes to bread the chicken tenders; you could use plates as well, but a flat surface will be easier than using two bowls.
- In the first dish, mix all of the wet ingredients: eggs, almond milk, and hot sauce. The amount of hot sauce is up to you; of course, adding more means they will be spicier. The almond milk just thins out the mixture and helps it last longer.
- In the second dish, mix all of the dry ingredients: paprika, almond flour, and coconut flour.
- Coat the chicken tenderloins with the mixture in the first dish to pre-coat for the breading. Next, coat the chicken tenders with the mixture in the second dish for the breading.
- Place the chicken tenders directly in the air fryer basket. I can usually fit 3-4 in per basket, depending on the size of the chicken tenders.
- Each batch takes about 11 minutes at 400ºF.
I hope you enjoy! These are really easy, and delicious. They are great for packing lunches, and especially nice when you need a quick meal on-the-go.